Wednesday 19 September 2012

Happy Birthday To Me

Hello folks. Guess what? Today is my birthday. Yes sir. I am 39 today. Woo Hoo!!! I am looking forward to celebrating appropriately later on in the day, but first there is the little thing of this blog. 

The purpose of this blog is to get me thinking about issues that I may not necessarily think about on a daily basis and expand my mind, however, since it's my birthday I thought that the seriousness can be put aside for one day and we can talk about something a little more fun. "What's that?' I hear you say. Well today for one day only we have Blair's list of ten ways to celebrate your birthday. These are ways in which I have celebrated in the past or would think would be pretty cool to celebrate in the future. You should have a great time on your birthday because as this article suggests it could be your last. Just don't expect any references to sky diving or bungy jumping though. So, here goes:

1. Go to Las Vegas with your mates. (This would have to be number one. Hmmm, maybe I should do it next year.)

2. Go to a restaurant in which you haven't been before. (Tonight I'm having Korean food. I have had Korean food but not at this particular restaurant.)

3. In 2004 I went to watch sumo with a friend and my then girlfriend. You should do something like that. Watch a sport live that you haven't watched before. It was the first time to watch sumo in the flesh (and their was quite a bit of flesh, as you can imagine.)

4. Have a party and invite everyone you know. They may not all come but that will be their loss.

5. Have a drink or three. Don't say because it is Wednesday that you will wait to Friday or Saturday night. It isn't the same.

6. Go to the beach. Is there any place that is better than the beach?

7. Buy yourself some new clothes or shoes because if you can't spoil yourself, who can you spoil?

8. This is a little bit of a serious one but, instead of doing New Year's Resolutions you could do them today. Why not? It is the start of a new year for you after all.

9. Make yourself a special breakfast. Cereal with milk just doesn't cut it.

10. Go to Disneyland. I did that three years ago. It was fantastic.

Well, there we go folks. I hope that I have given you some ideas. Whether it is your birthday today or not. Have a great day and if you have any other ideas please write them in the comments section. 

No comments:

Post a Comment