Thursday 25 October 2012

Am I a Bookworm?

Books! We have all read one, haven't we? I know I have. So far this year I have read 49 books. I'm quite pleased with myself there. I'm sure that I will read a further half dozen or so before the end of the year.

I'm sure, like me, you may have a few books that you want to read and for whatever reason you haven't.  Today I would like to make a list of the ten books that I would like to read hopefully in the coming months.

1. Sweet Poison. I saw an article on the Sunday current events show. This piece was done by Peter Fitzsimmons and it talked about this book and how sugar is ruining our lives. I have an advanced sweet tooth and any sweet food that is in my vicinity will be consumed. I remember in 2002 I read Fast Food Nation and that put me off McDonalds for a long time and I must say that even now it isn't part of my diet. I have the odd lime shake from the place.

2. The Bible. I am not religious but I think that any good reader worth their salt should read this once in their lives. I'm put off by the length of it and all of the church stuff but I'm sure that there are a few good passages that are applicable to me.

3. Making a difference. This is a book written by New Zealand businessman, Owen Glenn. They say if you want to do things and be successful at it, you do what people before have done. So, I am interested to read how Owen Glenn got started in business and what are his secrets.

4. Jack Reacher. I have read a few Jack Reacher novels and have enjoyed all of them so far. I tend to get quite lazy when it comes to reading novels but with Jack Reacher books I should have no excuse. They are easy to read and they are written for people like me. On a slightly different topic, how did the people involved in the production of the Jack Reacher movie decide to cast Tom Cruise. Jack Reacher is just under 200cm tall. Tom Cruise is 170cm. Can you see why I am ranting?

5. Think and Grow Rich. This is a classic. I have read it a number of times and I have the electronic version. All of the get rich gurus that are out there today mention this book as something they read along the way or even an inspiration for them to do what they do. He talks about the secret in the book but when I read it I never found it. I think this time when I read it I will find it.

6. The Fan. I have seen this a couple of times on DVD and have enjoyed but like most book/movie productions I can imagine the book is better. This is book is set in the baseball world and is about the mad keen fans that follow the sport. Robert DeNiro plays the fan in the movie adaptation.

7. Fifty Shades of Grey. I have only just heard about this book. It sounds as though it is quite popular especially amongst women. So what better way to understand the mind of a woman by reading things that she will read too. I understand that there are another two books in the series.

8. The 4-Hour Chef. The new book by Tim Ferris will be out in November this year. I have read his second book but have started his first book but have not managed to finish it. I do enjoy his writing and I got some good ideas from his second book and I look forward to this one for getting good ideas for nutrition.

9. How I raised myself from failure to success in selling. I have attempted sales in the past and haven't done too well. It doesn't mean I want to give up on that career. This book is an oldie but a goodie and is packed with relevant information that will never go out of fashion.

10. Slim and healthy without dieting. This book is written for middle aged women who want to lose weight but in that book I hear that a lot of the tips the author gives are relevant for men as well. I look forward to reading this book and hopefully implementing some of the ideas.

There we have it 10 books. 3 fiction books, 6 non-fiction books and one book that I am not sure on. Lets just leave it at that. If anyone out there has any ideas I'm always open to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment