Sunday 28 October 2012

London's calling

One of my possibilities for next year is to go to London and have a go there. Since I have experienced living in Tokyo maybe it could be interesting to live in one of the biggest English speaking cities in the world. Of course the problem is what would I do there.

Today I would like to talk about 10 unique services that I could provide in London. Presently my friend is a weight loss doctor, predominately for women over the age of 40. Please be aware that I haven't checked to see if these services are provided in London or not. They are just ideas that I have and that I could provide.

1. Financial planning advice for New Zealand expatriates.

2. Financial planning advice for Japanese expatriates.

3. An all in one place for New Zealanders and Australians to come to to find out about accommodation, employment etc. I could also offer advice on places to go and avoid as well as where the gyms are etc.

4. In a continuation of the above theme, a real estate office that helps people from Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, find accommodation. Whether it be flats, houses, even rooms in people's houses.

5. Another service is as a travel agent so Kiwis etc can travel through out Europe cheaply and I have the tickets for them. I'm not sure if it still happens but I could be the middleman when people are looking for traveling partners when they go by combi van through Europe.

6. Helping Japanese tourists with what they should buy for presents for people back home is an interesting one. For Japanese buying for friends, family and work colleagues is a big thing, but what should they buy, where should they go. Enter Blair to help them take the anxiety out of those decisions.

7. Set up an English language school for Japanese students. I know many people come to the UK to learn English. Do they get all the service they need? I could give it to them.

8. Provide a service for Japanese tourists who wish to do home stays or even farm stays in the English countryside. I think these would be quite popular for the right price. It also depends on the quality of the stays. I could be the go between for the tourists and the people who are opening up their homes.

9. I could be a cricket agent. What I mean by this is have English cricketers, who wish to play in New Zealand during their offseason, come to me. Then I connect clubs in New Zealand with players in the UK. I could also do it the other way.

10. This is a bit of a different idea but I could be a personal shopper. What I mean by that is I tell people that I could do their supermarket shopping for them while they are at work. When they arrive home they have it waiting for them at the door.

These are just initial ideas and they can change or be added to in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment